KaneKong at the Movies

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Wild Bunch (1969)

Title: 'The Wild Bunch' (1969)
Genre: 'Dirty Wound' Western
Rating: 8/10

First off, have you ever seen a better cover for a western? One of the greats, to be sure. One of those shadows is Ernest Borgnine, so take off your shirt and do a lap around the office. You can't fuck with Borgnine. 'The Poseidon Adventure' (1972) "You. Preacher, murderer. I started to believe in your promises, that we had a chance. What Chance?" , and frikkin' 'Airwolf' (1984) You gotta remember Airwolf from the TeeVee, 'Duh dehdeh Duh dehdehduh dehdehdeh Duh!', he had the white hair goin' by then. He was the wisened 'Chopper mechanic who threw his hat down every episode.

One of my biggest complaints about the horseshit we're usually subjected to at contemporary cinema... Is that it over-explains things, like you're there on a Scholastic field trip. Like in 'Minority Report' (2002) or the american version of 'The Ring' (2002). It's just idiocy. There can't really be people out there who actually need what is essentially a Power-Point presentatation on the Themes, Characters, and Plot points in a movie they just watched, not even just, the breakdown begins while the movie is still playing. What is that? We hate it. Almost more than the twenty minutes of commercials you blasted into our orifices before the movie started. But... seriously, fuck you.

This movie doesn't explain a god damn thing, you're just in there rolling with the Wild Bunch from the get go. Hell, at first you don't know who's side you're on. Maybe at the end you don't know either. Go stick that up your Sierra Madre. This was a solid western epic. It had heists of the 'Rube Goldberg' variety and more squibs than inaugural day balloons. that's all you need to know. Proceed to your rental store.

And finally, the lyrics to 'Machine Gun'. By Mr. Jimi Hendrix,

Machine gun,
tearin' my body all apart.
Machine gun,yeah,
tearin' my body all apart.
Evil man make me kill you.
Evil man make you kill me.
Evil man make me kill you,
even though were only famlies apart.
Well,I pick up my axe and fight like a farmer,
You know what I mean?
Weh,hey,and your bullets keep knockin' me down.
Hey,I pick up my axe an' fight like a farmer,now,
yeah,but you still blast me down to the ground.
The same way you shoot me baby,
you'll be goin' just the same,three times the pain.
And with your own self to blame,machine gun!

I ain't afraid of your bullets no more,baby.
I ain't afraid no more.
After awhile,your,your cheap talk won't even cause me pain,
so let your bullets fly like rain.
'Cause I know all the time your wrong,baby,
and you'll be goin' just the same.
Machine gun,tearin' my family apart.
Hey yeah,alright,tearin' my family apart.
---

All will be clear. And rad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home